Graham Elementary School
Ms. Akilah Byrd, Principal
Main Office: 510-818-3300
[VACANT], Office Manager 510-818-3302
Christa Garcia, Office Clerk 510-818-3303
Report an Absence: 510-818-3303
“At Graham School it is our mission to provide students with a safe, respectful & supportive environment while teaching students to become lifelong learners, thinkers, communicators, and positive contributors to our society.”
Graham Hybrid In-Person Schedule:
8:00 Last names A-K
8:15 Last names L-Z
9:00 am Special Day Classes (SDC)
9:30-9:50 am: 6th (5/6combo) & 3rd
9:55-10:15 am: 5th, 2nd & kinder
10:20-10:40 am: 4th (4/5 combo) 1st & SDC
11:00 Kinder, 1st grade
11:05 Grades 2nd-6th
Main front gate = 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 4/5 & 5th (SDC)
Kinder gate = K, 1st, 5/6 & 6th
- Chromebook Resources (Clever Portal, i-Ready, Khan Academy, etc.)
- Newark USD Distance Learning Parent & Student Handbook (English), Spanish.
- Sign up for Bloomz by getting the code from your child’s teacher. This is used for parent/teacher communication and Graham updates.
- Please submit your lunch form even if your child will not eat lunch at school. You may also submit it online. Our Title 1 funding depends on the returned forms that qualify us for Title 1!
- Please become familiar with your child’s daily instructional schedule and support your students’ prompt attendance. Attendance is taken daily for students. “Screens On, Camera Ready, Backgrounds Up!”
NUSD News – Graham
School Consolidation Principal Update
November 20, 2020
Dear Graham Families,
Linked below is a letter that I emailed to all families regarding Graham’s consolidation announcement and a few reminders to continue to be mindful that another school community is experiencing a great deal of sadness at this time.
This saddened community will join Graham as students, teachers, staff and families. We want our actions today to pave the way for a successful consolidation process for all. The community of Snow still represents our colleagues, our neighbors, and our friends…please never overlook that fact.
I again appreciate each and every community member, near and far, for using their powerful voices.
Graham and Snow voices matter.