8:00 Morning Recess
8:07 Line Up Bell
8:10 Instruction Begins
10:20-10:35 Recess, Grades K-6 (SDC 10:05)
11:35-12:15 Lunch, Grades 4-6 (SDC 11:20)
12:20-1:00 Lunch, Grades K-3
- Chromebook Resources (Clever Portal, i-Ready, Khan Academy, etc.)
- Newark USD Distance Learning Parent & Student Handbook (English), Spanish.
- Sign up for Bloomz by getting the code from your child’s teacher. This is used for parent/teacher communication and Graham updates.
- Please submit your lunch form even if your child will not eat lunch at school. You may also submit it online. Our Title 1 funding depends on the returned forms that qualify us for Title 1!
- Please become familiar with your child’s daily instructional schedule and support your students’ prompt attendance. Attendance is taken daily for students. “Screens On, Camera Ready, Backgrounds Up!”
NUSD News – Graham
Graham Annual Title 1 Parent Meeting Slides from 9/10/2020
Welcome to the distinct 2020-2021 school year and a special welcome to all of our new families! Our Graham teachers and staff have been working hard behind the scenes to prepare for a fabulous school year.
As we embark on this educational journey together, I ask that we all remain patient and flexible with each other. I know that so much change can be frustrating at times, however we have no road map for navigating our new “normal” in education. We will continue to do our best together as a Graham community.
This first week of school will be lots of community building, learning structures and routines, and working out the challenges. Once again, thank you for being patient. Though through a virtual means, we will continue our implementation of PBIS (Positive Behavioral Intervention & Supports), a schoolwide approach to make schools safe & promote positive behavior. It is a way for Graham to encourage good behavior.
We will also have a large focus on Social-Emotional Learning as a way to help our students process and cope with the many changes around us due to the pandemic and systemic racism. I am excited to announce that we have a new additional mental-health professional who will help us in leading this positive work.
For everyone’s safety, all visitors must make an appointment before coming to the main office. If you are simply dropping off something, please call & someone will meet you in the parking lot, however, keep in mind that many employees are working virtually so email is the best way to reach the office staff at: [email protected]
We appreciate everyone’s cooperation and patience as we ensure that all our students have a safe and successful school year.